Saturday, November 28, 2009

Fuzzy boy

Bones is getting so fuzzy! I had doubts that he'd get a good winter coat but, it's coming in really nicely. I haven't ridden him in a few days. Yesterday we worked on lunging and ground tying a bit. I'm cutting him back in grain a little bit. I won't be feeding him in the morning anymore and in the evening he will get 1 1/2 scoops. Nothing much else to talk about.. so here are some pics from today!
He looks like he has a really bad ewe neck in this picture. I do believe he has one, or is it just him filling in kind of weird?











2 comments:

  1. I'm not thinking ewe necked as much as very high, pronounced withers. Rather than cut his feed to once daily, why not cut the ration in half and feed twice. It'll be better for his guts as they are designed to eat constantly. Like us, many small meals is better than one big. :-}

    ReplyDelete
  2. I board and it is getting really hard to get out to the barn twice a day. Especially since winter is coming the roads to the barn are very curvy back roads, which I doubt get top priority being plowed. If I can't make it out everyday I can ask the barn owner to feed him for me but, twice a day might be asking to much. Will 1 1/2 scoops at once be to much for one feeding? He was getting fed 1 1/2 scoops am/pm when I first got him and he did fine. Of course, if it really isn't safe I would have to work out something to get out there twice a day.

    ReplyDelete