Friday, June 15, 2012

Catch up post

I've been very busy since starting work at this new barn. It's turned into a full time gig, a bit more than I bargained for if I'm being honest. I ended up quitting my job. I am now giving beginner-intermediate lessons and training the "slaughter save" horses. I also ended things with my (ex)boyfriend of three years, and moved into an apartment at the barn.

We have a website up and running now, take a minute to check it out!
 http://www.savedfromslaughterhouse.com/

Aside for working my butt off for virtually nothing, I'm doing quite well. I like living alone- I never have before. I like being independent. I need to find a local part time job to supplement the training income. I'm workin' on it. =P

Bones, Ginger, and Ollie are all doing great. 
The lease on Bones did not work out, and he is now at another farm that my boss owns, basically hanging out. I've been trailering him a lot and he is thankfully getting over his trailer fear. We went to a fun show, didn't enter any classes just took him for the experience. He did really well after he settled down from the trailer ride. The show was at a park, so we rode a lot of the trails there as well as hung out around the show grounds. He is still advertised for sale.. I keep going back and forth on keeping him but I would really like to see him being used.

I just brought Ollie to the farm I work at, a few days ago. She is looking awesome for being on just hay and grass. I wish all horses were such easy keepers! =P I had a client come out to test ride her. They want a barrel prospect that their 17 year old daughter can work with. Ollie did great for the daughter, I'm 85% sure they will buy her. Lol

GingyPie has pretty much just been hanging out. I plan on putting her back into work, I just need to set aside the time to do so.


So, if Ollie sells I have this brilliant idea of buying a Percheron weanling that we have. She's the sweetest thing, and I don't think I'll be able to resist myself. =)
 


2 comments:

  1. I don't know if I'd be able to resist that fill either! (0: My dream is to one day own a draft that I can ride and drive... (0:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does she just have the sweetest face (with personality to match)!

    ReplyDelete